Extrusion Lines: All types of lines for extruders from 0.25 inch (6mm) to 1.5 inch (37mm) diameter.
Production Compounding Screws: Patented replacement screws for all extruder brands:
A surprising pictorial of Randcastle single screw compounding:
Nano Compounding to the 200nm scale
· Comparisons to twin screw extruders with 8 times better mixing
· Processing RPVC powder, mixing it, and running at 180 rpm
· Indexes by scale, material, and filler
· A 3 page pictorial of how simple these mixers work
Micro Batch Mixer: Compound small batches into a strand without scraping hot polymer from rotors! Save time, make better mixes, then scale results to compounding screws above!
Sales Information Micro Batch Mixer Papers Micro Batch Drawing Micro Batch Pictures Antec 2008 Presentation Graphics
o Batch Mixer: We have the 10 gram in, 5 gram extruded out SFEM-BM-1000-4.
o Four Compounding Extruders: Compounding capability from 125 times better than a
typical single screw to 1,000 times better than a single screw. The extruders range in outputs from
30 grams per hour on our RCP-0375 to about 30 pounds per hour on our Taskmaster 1,000 with
up to 3 vents for degassing. L/D’s range from 2 mixer 24/1 L/D to 4 mixer 50/1 L/D.
• Direct Compounding: Often, melt mix compounding is possible while we make products such as film, sheet, etc.
• Pelletizing: There are three pelletizers in the lab, RCP 2.0 with dual drives (in bench and floor model)
and an RCP 1.0 Micro-pelletizer.
• Cast Film (including coextrusion): 3, 6 and 10 inch wide dies
• Extrusion Coating/Lamination: 6 and 10 inch wide dies.
• Sheet (including coextrusion): 3 inch and 6 inch wide dies
• Blown Film: Dies 0.625 and 1.0 inches.
• Filament (also called strand or rod): Non-oriented by godets in various sizes.
• Bi-component Strand (sometimes called coextruded rod) Non-oriented by godets in various sizes
• Tubing: A free extrusion (free meaning that there is no sizing system) lab line for small tubing.
• Wire Coating: A lab line for coating wire.
220 Little Falls Road, Unit #6, Cedar Grove, New Jersey 07009-1255
Phone: (973) 239-1150 Fax: (973) 239-0830